Tuesday, November 23, 2021 13:00 - 17:00
Daria Shipilina (IST/Uppsala University), Sanjay Narayanaswamy (Uni Wien), Dagny Asta Runarsdottir (VetMed Uni) and Ben Wölfl (Uni Wien)
Please note that due to the new COVID-19 regulation the event has been moved online!
We are pleased to open registration for the EvolVienna meeting on Tuesday 23rd November from 13:00-17:00 on Zoom. Registration is free.
We look forward to a schedule of six talks in the afternoon:
- Sonya Widen (IMBA): "Evolution of selfish cooperation"
- Dominik Schrempf (Eötvös Loránd University): "Phylogenetic dating with horizontal gene transfer"
- Pavathy Surendranadh (IST Austria): "Analysis of geographic clines in snpadragons
- Sandra Kirchner (Naturhistorisches Museum): "Shedding light on the evolution of an enigmatic fish. Comparative analyses of blind cave and sighted surface populations of the genus Garra from Oman."
- Emmanuel Schertzer (Maths dept): Noisy selection
- Benjamin Jaegle (GMI) "Extensive gene duplication in Arabidopsis revealed by pseudo-heterozygosity